When your business does not have the in-house expertise to analyze the environmental impact of a project, Phoslab Testing Laboratories can fill that gap. Phoslab has provided full-service environmental consulting and analytical testing services for Florida businesses since 1965. Our skilled consultants utilize their decades of experience in chemistry, environmental sciences, and public policy to provide the most in-depth environment consulting services that are available anywhere in Florida and throughout the United States.
Services Provided by Phoslab’s Environmental Testing Consultants
Phoslab’s environmental consulting laboratories have been certified by the National Environmental Accreditation Program (NELAP) to provide a variety of tests and analytical services that are used in virtually every industry sector. Those tests include:
- Metals scans
- Microbiological analysis
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) tests
- Analyses of Kerosene Analytical Group (KAG) substances
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) tests per U.S. EPA standards
- Detection of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in waste streams
- Analyses and assays of industrial or hazardous wastes, used oils, petroleum products, drinking water or groundwater, and soil samples
- Field sampling, sludge analysis, and sediment testing
Phoslab’s Environmental Consulting Services
Phoslab also provides environmental consulting services to a host of different industries. We have supported Florida’s phosphate industry, for example, to assure compliance with state and national environmental rules, regulations, and standards across a wide range of business-specific initiatives, including:
- Technical assistance to prepare land reclamation applications, development permits, reimbursement requests, and metallurgical evaluations
- Development of project flow sheets, operating cost estimates, and cost reduction plans
- Implementation of core processing laboratories
- Support and analysis for ERIEZ and OUTOTEC flotation columns
- Troubleshooting production processes and production problems
- Training for engineers and plant operators
- Potash product evaluation
Industrial production companies in Florida and throughout the United States are also faced with burdensome reporting requirements imposed by state and federal regulatory authorities. Phoslab’s environment consultants are well versed in collecting the necessary data for those reports and preparing those reports for submission to the appropriate regulatory bodies.
Specialty Services: Phoslab’s Containment Consulting
Florida’s Petroleum Restoration Program seeks to reduce the environmental impact of petroleum contamination by imposing stricter containment regulations on petroleum storage tanks. The State’s laws require construction sites to retain certified environmental testing laboratories to test for Kerosene Analytical Group (KAG) substances at storage locations.
The Florida Administrative Code specifically requires owners and operators of storage sites to obtain closure and containment assessments at specific times during the life cycle of projects:
- When storage tanks are permanently closed;
- When tanks are replaced;
- Prior to installation of secondary containment systems;
- During transitions from regulated to non-regulated substances.
Phoslab is uniquely able to provide these containment consulting services with rapid turnaround times to reduce delays and to keep construction projects on track and within applicable budgets.
Certifications for Phoslab’s Environmental Consulting Laboratory Services
All of Phoslab’s facilities have been fully certified by the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP) that has been adopted by the NELAC Institute. Our facilities and technicians are further certified by industry-specific accreditation programs and organizations, including the Mining and Metallurgical Society of America (MMSA). The company’s MMSA qualified scientists understand the needs that mining companies have for timely and accurate information regarding the environmental impact of their operations, and can collect the data and provide the analysis and reports required by applicable regulations.
The State of Florida Department of Health has also granted its accreditation to Phoslab for perfluorinated and polyfluorinated alkyl substance (PFAS) testing and other analytical services for compounds that could have adverse health effects. Phoslab is a member of the American Environmental Laboratory Association, and has Florida Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Tampa Bay Small Business Enterprise (SBE) certifications. These certifications and accreditations speak to the quality and reliability of Phoslab’s environmental testing and consulting services.
Contact Phoslab for Environmental Testing, Consulting, and Containment Analysis Services
Phoslab Environmental Laboratories offers environmental testing, consulting, and containment analysis services throughout the state of Florida. Our professional consultants are proud to support the environmental needs of all of Florida’s industries, including construction, mining, commercial and residential real estate, and tourism. Please contact us to speak directly with one of our environmental consulting professionals to learn how we can meet your testing and analysis needs.
Additional “Environmental Testing Consulting” Resources:
- Morningstar.com: USA Environmental Consulting Services Market Report 2017. https://www.morningstar.com/news/business-wire/BWIPREM_20180130006356/usa-environmental-consulting-services-market-report-2017-us-epa-budget-31-cut-for-2018-researchandmarketscom.html
- EPA.gov: National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP) Support. https://cfpub.epa.gov/si/si_public_record_report.cfm?dirEntryId=56216